W3Cook provides accurate statistics on several web technologies. We provide you with the recipes that websites use along with their market share and usage trends.
We currently have top services and providers in the following categories:
- Registrars (e.g. GoDaddy)
- Managed DNS providers (e.g. DNSMadeEasy)
- Web Servers (e.g. Apache)
- Operating Systems (e.g. Linux)
- Image File Formats (e.g. PNG)
- Traffic Analytics Tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Character Sets (e.g. UTF-8)
- Programming Languages (e.g. PHP)
- Social Sharing Plugins (e.g. Twitter, Facebook)
- Advertising for Publishers (e.g. Google Adsense)
- Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Top Level Domains (e.g. com, de)
- DNS and Web Hosting (e.g. Softlayer, Rackspace)
The statistics are updated monthly using the data provided by the top 1 million domain names on the web. We crawl the websites and parse the information provided which is a complicated process and takes about 2 weeks to complete. We start crawling on the 1st of every month.
If you see something missing in our data or have questions or comments, please feel free to use the email address in the footer. We especially welcome comments that suggest new technologies for us to review and include on our site.